Labels

Friday 23 January 2015

Evaluation Q4 - How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

There are many ways in which I used new media products in the construction, research, planning and evaluation stages. One of the media products I have have used throughout all of the stages of my portfolio is Blogger, I used this program to basically keep all my work organised and presented well. I have had experience with Blogger in the past so there was no hassle when it came to using it, .

Google was useful when it came to researching different genres in the research stages, and it helped me find out what genre my music video was going to fit into. It is extremely easy to use and it gets you results quick which is helpful. Another media technology I used, mostly in the research and planning stages was Youtube. I was already familiar with how to use it. Youtube came in handy when I needed to analyse music videos of the same genre to mine, in order to find the typical conventions of them. Not only that, I also used Youtube for the upload of my music video, as I needed a platform to have my video on in order to embed it into my blog. I was finding it difficult to select a track for my music video, which is when Youtube helped a lot. It had a number of suggested tracks along the side, so I just searched through them until I found the track that I thought would be great to use.

In the actual construction of my music video, I chose to use an SLR camera. The reason for this is because they produce professional looking high quality videos, which is what I needed for my video to look good. In order to stop the camera from shaking on the non-handheld shots, I used a tripod. By doing this the camera did not shake while recording, producing sturdy footage that was ready for editing.

Adobe Premiere Pro was the main program I used in the editing stages of my music video, as it was the software I used to edit my video together. Adobe Premiere Pro is a professional software that enables you to produce high quality videos without a lot of hassle. It wasn't the first time I had used Premiere Pro, so it was easy to get into the editing.

To create my digipak and magazine advert, I used Adobe Photoshop. I decided to use Photoshop as it is the most professional photo editing software that is used by professional photographers, therefore I knew it would produce good results if I used it right. I was unfamiliar with how to get around Photoshop at first, but after using Youtube to watch some tutorial videos I could navigate my way around Photoshop with ease, and it paid off as my digipak and magazine advert came out looking really good.




















No comments:

Post a Comment