Labels

Friday 23 January 2015

Evaluation Q2 - How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

Click the link below for the audio version of Q2.
Evaluation Q2 - Soundcloud

TRANSCRIPT:

The combination between my music video and my ancillary texts is extremely effective. A main theme that I decided to go by was black and white. All the texts I have created are in black and white. The reason I chose to do this is because it gives off quite a grungy vibe, while still looking appealing to the eye. Many music videos of the same genre to mine have incorporated a black and white theme, therefore I thought it would be a good idea to use it, in order to fit into that genre. Also, by making my texts black and white, they now compliment each other a lot better and look as if they are meant to be together.

My music video contains only performance from the band. This can relate to my magazine advert and my digipak, which both include pictures of the band. I've gone for a simple stripped down approach to my texts, which is what a lot of artists of my genre have done also. Rather than doing narratives or having random pictures of irrelevant things, I have focused on the band itself, which I believe has been really effective and gives the viewer of my texts exactly what they need and no more.

I also used mise en scene to help my texts to work well eachother. For example, the clothing that the band are wearing within my music video is very similar to the band picture on my magazine advert, and also pictures on my digipak panels. The effect this has is that the texts now look like they belong together, which is a good marketing technique.

By making all of my texts similar, they mutually benefit one another, and I believe that they would be able to market extremely effectively with one another in a synergic way.



No comments:

Post a Comment